Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Paper Bag

Monday, January 31, 2011



shirt -- Rayna Morgan
jumper -- R & K Originals
tights -- L'eggs
clogs -- Sanita

This outfit is a pretty typical one for me, or I should say it "was" pretty typical for me. It had all the elements of the type of clothes that I gravitated toward -- no color and no shape. 

I pulled it out of my closet today because I needed to get out of the house in a hurry (I had a ton of errands to run before work*), and I didn't have time to agonize over what I was going to wear. So I ended up wearing something that was familiar to me. It was easy. It was comfortable. And I knew that it looked good on me. 
Or did it? 

I see the picture now, and I think that I look drab -- I look like I'm wearing a paper bag. And I actually dressed it up today, compared to how I would have worn it in the past, by adding a bunch of jewelry. And boy, am I glad that I did. I'm not sure what else I could have done to jazz this up a bit.

Hmmm ... this picture really makes me think. 

*One of today's errands was to pick up a bag of neckties that somebody was giving away on Freecycle. I was so excited when the person told me that I could have them. The person warned me that some of these ties were downright ugly. No matter -- the uglier the better for what I wanted them for. And boy did I luck out! I got a bag full of the greatest multi-colored ties (there were even two Jerry Garcia ties in the bag) -- just perfect for making a vest like Iman's I can't wait to see if I can make something that looks half as good as hers! 



How cool are they?! You can see more of Iman's tie vests on her blog at Mishaps and Miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts