Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Football Fun

Monday, February 14, 2011




shirt -- Gap
pants -- London Jean (Victoria's Secret)
scarf --
clogs -- Dansko (outlet)

I didn't want to be all decked out in hearts or in red, but I still wanted to wear something that would show it was Valentine's Day. I think I did okay with this outfit. I'm realizing more and more that it's still kind of nice to get dressed up even if you don't have a significant other to share the day with, to dress up for, or even to try and impress. I don't know why I have been having to remind myself of that -- one of the first things I taught my girls was that they should always buy themselves pretty underwear because they deserved to feel pretty for themselves. 

Even though I was technically wearing my scarf as a belt, I'm really like how it looked in this outfit. I could have worn a regular leather belt, which is what I usually (always) wear, but because it was Valentine's Day and because I was wearing a white top, I decided to go with a multicolored scarf, and I think I succeeded in giving my outfit a bit more of a color pop! I think next time, I need to add some more color to my neckline.

As for the poses with the football -- we were goofing around at the end of the night. It was a lot of fun. Do you recognize the Heisman pose? 


Okay, so I think I'm going to have to work on that Heisman pose a bit.

The Heisman Trophy is the oldest award given to a collegiate football play. It was created in 1935 by the Downtown Athletic Club in NYC, and renamed in 1936 following the death of John Heisman, the athletic director of the Downtown Athletic Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts